The web exposes people to hordes of threats and dangers. From viruses and keyloggers to rootkits and identity thefts, the digital world is riddled with hazards. One can never be safe enough and has to be vigilant 24/7. Guarding privacy and data has become a necessity because of the ongoing privacy breaches. To get comprehensive security, try McAfee antivirus. McAfee, a leading brand, offers a range of security suites for different devices. Just visit mcafee.com/activate and get complete protection for all of your connected devices.
How to Uninstall McAfee Setup?
Before getting started with the setup process, you must make sure that the McAfee program will not conflict with other applications. For this reason, you must check whether any older McAfee program is present on the computer. Navigate to the Control Panel and remove the older software. Even when the application is invalid, it might cause conflicts. You may also use a removal tool for completely getting rid of the older program. Find the stepwise process for uninstallation given below:
- Open the Start menu.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Press on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, press the Uninstall A Program option.
- A catalog of all the presently running apps on the computer will get showcased.
- Find the conflict-raising program.
- Press on the uninstall option.
- Reboot the computer after the reinstallation procedure is over.
How to Download McAfee Antivirus Setup?
After removing conflicting apps, you can download the McAfee product’s setup. However, just remove any older setup files of McAfee to avoid confusion. Follow the process for downloading McAfee security software:
- Open the browsing software on the system.
- Visit mcafee.com/activate.
- Press the Log in button.
- Enter the email and password to the McAfee account.
- If you have not registered yourself for McAfee account, then go to the Sign-up link.
- Register your user account on the McAfee account by entering the requisite information.
- Log in to your new McAfee user account.
- The home page will load after you log on.
- Now, find the McAfee security suite.
- Press the download button next to it.
- Read the McAfee license agreement properly.
- Press the Agree button to continue.
- It will take a couple of minutes for the download to get over.
How to Install McAfee Antivirus?
You need to download the McAfee downloader file. After that, follow the process given here to install McAfee security program:
- Go to the folder where the McAfee installer was downloaded to.
- Select the file and right-click on it.
- In the pop-out window, choose the Export All option.
- Now, navigate to the freshly extracted folder.
- Locate the McAfee exe file in the folder.
- Now, double-click on it.
- Run the McAfee executable.
- Allow the process to get over. It might take a few minutes.
- You will get notified when it gets over.
- Click on the Ok button.
- Now, open the Start menu and click on Restart option.
- After that, you have to install the McAfee program.
- Click on the Next button.
- Read the entire McAfee EULA.
- Select I accept by clicking on the circle next to it.
- Press the Ok option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the kind of installation: Complete or Partial.
- Hit the Next button at the base of the page.
- Press the Install button positioned at the bottom.
- Allow the installation to get over.
- Click on the Finish button at the bottom.
How to activate McAfee antivirus?
The installed McAfee security software will not function, provided you activate it. As a result, to verify the genuineness of the program, follow the steps given here and activate the McAfee program:
- If you acquired your copy of McAfee product from www.mcafee.com/activate, then go to your inbox.
- In the inbox of registered email address, there shall be an order confirmation mail.
- Click on the email and highlight the activation code.
- Copy the 25 characters alphanumeric product activation key.
- Open the McAfee program.
- Go to the Activation center,
- Paste the copied key in the blank.
- Press the Activate button.