The latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update introduced many new features which will be very useful for all the Windows 10 Users. Now, Microsoft also introduced a Snip & Sketch tool in their Windows 10 October Update for their Windows 10 users. It’s a new snipping tool to easily capturing the screenshots; this tool allows their users to interpret them.
As you probably know, you can open the Snip & Sketch snip just by clicking Screen snip tile in the Action Center. You can also open it by using the Windows logo + Shift + S shortcut keys on your keyboard. Although, using the keyboard keys is one of the shortest ways to open Snip & Sketch snip. If any users want to open the Snip & Sketch tool by using the Mouse, then you might want to create a desktop shortcut of the Snip & Sketch snip on the desktop screen for quick and easy access.
However, creating a Snip & Sketch app shortcut on the desktop is one of the easiest tasks anyone can create, but it launches the Snip & Sketch snip instead of the Snip & Sketch snip. If you want to create a shortcut to open Snip & Sketch snip instead of the app, then you need to create a shortcut to Screen snip instead of Snip & Sketch app.
Steps to Build Snip & Sketch Desktop Shortcut in Windows 10
Follow the below-given instructions in a given series to easily create a desktop shortcut to open Snip & Sketch snip in Windows 10. The steps are discussed below:
- Firstly, right-click on the Empty Spot on your desktop screen.
- Then, click on the ‘New’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Shortcut’ option to open the Create Shortcut Wizard window.
- Under the location field section, copy and paste the given command:
- ms-screen clip:?source=QuickActions
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Enter a name for the shortcut.
- Now, click on the close tab to create the shortcut on the desktop.
- Alternatively, right-click on the Snip & Sketch shortcut located on the desktop.
- Then, click on the Properties option.
- In the Web Document tab, click on the Change Icon button, and then select an icon for it.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- Next, click on the Apply button to change the icon.
Hopefully, after following the above-given instruction, you can create a desktop shortcut for Snip & Sketch snip.